Privacy informative note
Website shop.ducati.com is owned by Ducati and managed by T-Buy S.r.l.
Ducati and T-Buy have great respect towards the Users’ privacy. The data possibly notified by the User of the site will be treated with utmost care and with tools that aim at ensuring security, in full compliance with applicable Italian laws on the protection of personal data.
Informative note according to art. 13 of Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003 - Code on the protection of personal data.
The personal data possibly provided by the User when using website shop.ducati.com (herein after the “Site”) will be handled by the Subject in charge of the treatment, Ducati Motor Holding S.p.A., with office in via Cavalieri Ducati no. 3, Bologna, Italy (herein after “Ducati”), and by T-Buy S.r.l., with office in Viale Sarca no. 336, Milan, Italy (herein after “T-Buy”) in the role of Manager of the treatment appointed by Ducati to manage the Site and relative services (maintenance, updating, Users assistance service, transmission of newsletter, etc.) and as Co-manager of the treatment in its role of Ducati’s licensee for the sale of products through the Site, with automated tools and non, in compliance with Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003 - Code on the protection of personal data. In particular: to allow browsing, registration, possible conclusion and execution of the purchase agreement, supply the products and services requested by the User, provide information and assistance requested by the User or, based on an additional specific informative note and prior consent of the User, to perform commercial information activities. For these exclusive purposes, the User’s data can be notified to subjects and operators bond through agreements to Ducati and T-Buy (such as importers, distributors, resellers, carriers, bank and credit institutions, Internet operators), or to companies of Ducati Group or belonging to its sales and assistance network (such as branches, importers, distributors, resellers, workshops), even with office in other countries not belonging to the European Union and in this case, it will be treated by these subjects exclusively for the abovementioned purposes; the data will be disclosed to the Managers and Subjects in charge of the treatment appointed by Ducati and T-Buy and by the aforementioned subjects.
The personal data will not be diffused.
What are cookies?
To order products on shop.ducati.com, you need to have cookies enabled. If you don't want to accept cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but see in the end of this paragraph how to alter your cookies settings.
Please note that cookies can't harm your computer. We don't store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing.
We have relationships with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit but not can be used for remarketing purposes - in other words not to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website. We know you'd expect nothing less from us, and please be assured that we're working on a number of other privacy and cookie-related improvements to the website.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices. eu for a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/ goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
Cookies can perform different functions, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide. A list of all the categories of cookies used on this website is set out below.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Strictly necessary cookies be used to store a unique identifier to manage and identify the user as unique to otherusers currently viewing the website, in order to provide a consistent and accurate service to the user.
• Remembering previous actions (e.g. entered text) when navigating back to a page in the same session;
• Managing and passing security tokens to different services within a website to identify the visitor’s status (e.g. logged in or not);
• To maintain tokens for the implementation of secure areas of the website;
• To route customers to specificversions/applications of a service, such as might be used during a technical migration;
These cookies can be first or third party, session or persistent cookies, their usage is limited to performance and website improvement.These cookies collect information about how a visitor uses the site, such as pages visited. These cookies do not collect information that can identify the user. Any information that these cookies collect is aggregated anonymously and are used only to improve the functioning of the site.
• Web analytics, the data collected is limited to the website operator’s use only, for managing the performance and design of the site. These cookies can be third-party cookies but the information will be for the exclusive use ofthe publisher of the website visited;
• Affiliate tracking — where the cookie is used exclusively to letaffiliates know that a visitor to a site visited a partner site some time later and if that visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service, including details of the product andservice purchased. Affiliate tracking cookies allow the affiliate to improve the effectiveness of their site;
• Error management — Measuring errors presented on a website, typically this will be to support service improvement or complaint management and will generally be closely linked with web analytics;
• Testing designs — Testing variations of design, typically using A/B or multivariate testing, to ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained for the user of the site in the current and subsequent sessions.
By using shop.ducati.com, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
These cookies can be first party, third party, session or persistent cookies. These cookies will typically be the result of a user action, but might also be implemented in the delivery of a service not explicitly requested but offered to the user. They can also be used to prevent the user being offered a service again that had previously been offered to that user and rejected.Furthermore, these cookies allow the site to remember the user's choices (such as username, language, country of origin, etc.. Etc..). The information these cookies collect is anonymous and can not track user behavior on other sites.
• remembering settings a user has applied to a website such as layout, font size, preferences, coloursetc;
• remembering a choice such as not to be asked again to fill in a questionnaire.
• detecting if a service has already been offered, such as offering a tutorial on future visits to the website;
• Providing information to allow an optional service to function such as offering a live chat session.
• Fulfilling a request by the user such as submitting a comment.
By using shop.ducati.com you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can also choose not to accept them. We recommend not to disable this function, since this would prevent moving freely from page to page and enjoy all the specifics of the site.
If you do not want to accept that your computer receives and stores cookies, you can alter your security settings on your web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari etc.). However, note that certain parts of our Site may only be used fully if your browser allows cookies,if not you won't be able to add products to your basket and buy them (for exaple). Thus, your reading experience of our Site may be affected negatively by removing and not allowing cookies.
If you wish to alter your cookie settings, by going to your browsers settings, below are short instructions for how to do this in the four most popular browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Click the 'Tools' icon in the top right side corner and select 'Internet options'. In the pop up window select the 'Privacy' tab. From here you can adjust your cookie settings.
Click the spanner in the top right side corner and select 'Settings'. From here select 'Under the hood' and change the settings under 'Privacy'.
From the drop down menu in the top left side corner select 'Options'. In the pop up window select the 'Privacy' tab. From here you can adjust your cookie settings.
From the settings drop down menu in the top right side corner select 'Preferences'. Select the 'Security' tab and from here you can adjust your cookie settings.
The conferment of the data is optional, meaning that is not compulsory by law, but it is essential from time to time to use the Site, to complete the registration procedure, to conclude and execute agreements through the Site, to provide information, assistance and the services requested by the User. The non-conferment of data may imply the impossibility to use the Site and its functions, to conclude the registration process and agreements and to execute them or receive information, assistance and the requested services.
Additional specific information on the treatment of data can be provided based on the single activities or services available on the Site.
In quality of Subject involved, you boast the rights set forth by art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003 included below. In order to exercise said rights, and to view the updated list of the Subjects in charge of the treatment appointed by Ducati, you can call the universal toll free number 00800 00382284 or send a notice to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via fax at +39-051-6413268; with regards to T-Buy, you can call +39-02-64741401 or send a notice to email@example.com, or via fax at +39-02-64741491.
This informative note is subject to updates.
Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003
Code on the protection of personal data
Art. 7. Right to access personal data and other rights.
1. The subject involved has the right to obtain the confirmation of the existence of his/her personal data, even if not registered yet, and its communication in intelligible form.
2. The subject involved has the right to obtain the indication: a) of the origin of the personal data; b) of the treatment purposes and methods; c) of the logic applied in case of treatment carried out with electronic tools; d) of the identification details of the subject in charge, managers and representative appointed according to article 5, paragraph 2; e) of the subjects or categories of subjects to whom the personal data can be disclosed to or known by managers and subjects in charge, in quality of designated representative in the State territory.
3. The subject involved has the right to obtain: a) the update, rectification or if needed, integration of the data; b) cancellation, transformation in anonymous form or blocking of data treated in violation with laws, including data which shall not be stored in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or treated; c) declaration that the operations indicated in letters a) and b) were disclosed, even with regards to their content, to those subjects to whom data was notified or disclosed, except in case said obligation cannot be fulfilled or implies a use of means which is disproportionate compared to the right protected.
4. The subject involved has the right to partially or fully oppose: a) for legitimate reasons, to the treatment of his/her personal data, even if relative to the purpose of collection; b) treatment of his/her personal data for the transmission of advertising or direct sales material or to carry out market researches or business communications.